Monday, October 12, 2009

The Beginning of Our Journey

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." ~ John 14:18



Over the past several months God has been stirring my heart for adoption. I had always thought some day in my life I would adopt a child but it was never more than a thought. Then one day I was reading a friend's blog and she had posted her sister's "Gochta Day" of her little girl she adopted from Ethiopia. As I read the post and looked at all the pictures I found myself sobbing by the end. Later that day I shared the blog post with my husband, Heath, and he said that he would love to adopt someday too. So that night I remember praying that wherever our child may be that God would tuck them in that night. We thought that was the end.



Then over the next few weeks I found out the same friend that wrote the blog was starting a non-profit organization called Ordinary Hero. She herself had adopted a waiting child a year ago and while she was back in Ethopia she met several of the other waiting children at the orphange and came home to advocate for them. She had told me that she would soon be posting pictures and descriptions of several of the waiting children. As I waited over the next few days for her post I was praying about what God was stirring in my heart. Heath and I talked alot about adoption and we both loved the idea of adopting an older child! Then one day Heath woke up and told me he had a dream the night before that we had adopted two children! I said I don't know about two but what else happened in your dream. He said they were sibling brothers. We laughed about it and didn't really think anything of it until the next day. When we got home from church I was checking my friend's blog before lunch and I will never forget the feeling and the way my heart jumped when my eyes fell on the sweetest picture I had ever seen.

I started crying as I montioned for Heath to come look at the screen and a big smile came to his face as he read the words about these two precious brothers. So we prayed about it again over the next few days and decided to inquire about these two brothers. We are sad to say that we did not fit the age requirements to adopt these two children but I found out just today that they are being adopted!!! Praise the Lord! So after being told we couldn't adopt these boys we thought God was telling us that we were not supposed to adopt at this time. However, in my quiet times with the Lord He continued saying:

"In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves." ~ Ephesians 1:5-6

"Enlarge the place of your tent,stretch your tent curtains wide,do not hold back;lengthen your cords,strengthen your stakes. ~Isaiah 54:2

Not to mention it seemed liked everyone I talked to over the past few months had adopted or was adopting and it always seemed to come up in my conversations. So I continued telling Heath that I thought we were still supposed to adopt, but he said God hadn't told him that yet. So I just kept praying and looking at different adoption agencies so that when God told him we were supposed to adopt we'd be ready. So one day as we were playing with our daughter Gracie, He looked at me and said I'm ready for another baby and I think God wants us to adopt! I was so excited! Over the next few days we filled out the paperwork and talked about the details but we never mailed it......until last Monday! We finally felt like God had told us enough times and it was time for us to take that leap of faith. So I'm excited to say we sent the application and we were accepted into the Ethiopia Program with All God's Children International on Thursday!!! So now we are started all the paperwork for the adoption process, hoping to bring home our son sometime soon!

Please join us in prayer over the whole process as we trust God to work out all the details of this journery. I hope you will follow our blog to keep up with what's going on and to pray for us! Hope you all have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely pray and think of you two. It is so wonderful that you have this heart for the orphans. The Lord will truly bless you as you follow Him in this process. It is such a journey, but so worth it.

    Let me know how I can help you in any way.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete