Monday, October 5, 2009

Let Me Introduce Our Family



I have been a Wilson for the past two and a half years and it has been one adventure after another. As I look back over the past few years and how God orchestrated even the smallest details in my life to bring me to where I am today I am amazed. So let me try my best to share my life and family with you.


My husband, Heath, and I met on a mission trip in Reynosa, Mexico almost five years ago. No it was not love at first sight but a few days later when I saw his heart for the first time, I knew if he wasn't the man God had for me then it was someone exactly like him. He was the first man besides my dad that prayed for me and to this day I can still hear those words he said that day. However, it didn't seem possible for us to be together because I lived in Iowa and he lived in Kentucky. Little did I know that God had some big plans for our lives. (I know it's hard to wait on the Lord sometimes, but I understand why. If God would have told me everything He was about to do in my life at that moment I probably would have said, "No way! Find someone else.") Six months later my bags were packed and I moved south. I finished college at Lipscomb University in Nashville, TN. Heath and I were married May 26, 2007 and have been living in Gracey, KY ever since.





Almost a year after we were married God surprised us again when we found out we were expecting our first child. Gracie Lynn Wilson was born December 2, 2008. She has brought so much joy to our family with her precious smile, contagious laugh, and beautiful blue eyes that pierce your heart. Here are some pictures of our baby girl.




I can't forget the other two members of our family. Our great danes, Bama & Sadie. Bama is 4 1/2 years old and Sadie is almost 2. Bama was in our family even before Heath and I were married. He is such a lovable dog until you put out food and then you better watch your hands. Sadie was my Christmas present two years ago and she is full of energy. They are the best of friends and do not like to go anywhere without the other. The truly live out their nicknames "Gentle Giants."










No comments:

Post a Comment